|"Full family care!": Our team's physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and allied health professionals work together to care for patients of all ages. Photo by: Jean Walsh|
Board of Directors
Privacy and Confidentiality
Electronic Health Records
Annual Report 2015/16
Annual Report 2014/15
Annual Report 2013/14
Annual Report 2012/13
Read our Srategic Plan
Health & Social Services Blue Book
To provide patient-centered primary care in a physician guided, collaborative team model.
The City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team shall ensure every resident of the City of Kawartha Lakes has access to a family doctor working in collaboration with interdisciplinary health providers.
Our Guiding Principles
- To provide increased access to primary health care for patients so that residents in our City have the opportunity to access a primary care physician.
- To attract additional primary care physicians to the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- To provide patient-centered care where the patient is a key member of the team and uses information and support to make informed decisions on how to manage his/her self-care needs.
- To provide comprehensive family health care services through an interdisciplinary team including family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, patient educators, mental health counselors, social workers, and pharmacists, each working within their scopes of practice.
- To serve as a central catalyst for the development of new, comprehensive community-based chronic disease management and self-care programs.
- To emphasize health promotion, illness prevention and early detection/diagnosis.
- To link patients to other parts of the health care system such as acute care, long-term care, public health, mental health, addictions, and community programs and services.
- To link with other health care organizations at the community level for input and joint planning for our City.
- To use information technology to integrate services, link patient records across different health care settings and give providers timely access to test results and other important data.
Board of Directors
Dr. Stephen Oldridge, President of the Board, Bobcaygeon
Dr. Steve Oldridge is a graduate of the University of Ottawa and has been practicing family medicine in Bobcaygeon since 1991. His rural practice encompasses office-based, urgent care, long term care and pallative home visits. Elective rotations in family medicine are available to family practice residents and medical students through the Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP).
Dr. Eric Ready, Chair of the Board, Lindsay
Founding Director of the the City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team and Founding Head of the City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Organization. Dr. Ready is a Graduate of Queens Faculty of Medicine 1984 and completed his Family Medicine Residency with the University of Western Ontario 1984-1986 and his Third Year Residency in Anaesthesia with Queens University from 1986-1987. He has been practicing in Lindsay since 1988. Dr. Ready is also the Investigating Coroner for City of Kawartha Lakes as well as Assistant Professor - Adjunct Group 1 - in the Department of Family Medicine at Queen¹s University.
Dr. Steve Hainer, Treasurer, Lindsay
Dr. Steven Hainer graduated from the University of Ottawa with his medical degree in 1994. After finishing his residency in family medicine in 1996, Dr. Hainer moved to Lindsay with his family. His practice covers a full range of primary care medicine from newborns to seniors. Dr. Hainer is currently a medical consultant for the Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Sexual Health Clinic, one of the medical directors for the Extendicare Nursing Home, and has active privileges at the Ross Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Peter Anderson, Lindsay
Practicing in Lindsay since the summer of 1982, Dr. Anderson has worked along side a number of local physicians. Currently, Dr. Anderson is praciticing with Dr. Hainer, Dr. Wilson and Dr. Ready at 55 Angeline Street North.
Dr. Jacquelyn Choi, Lindsay
Dr Jacquelyn Choi is a graduate of Queen's University. She established her practice in Lindsay in 2015. She works in office based practice, hospitalist, after hours clinic and long term care.
Dr. Laura Millson, Lindsay
Dr. Laura Millson completed her medical school at the University of Toronto and Family Medicine residency in Peterborough through Queen's University. She has been practicing in Lindsay since 2016 and enjoys working in the office based clinic and Ross Memorial Hospital.
Mike Perry - Ex officio and Secretary to the Board
A lawyer and social worker by profession, Mike has a decade of experience in program management with the federal government in Ottawa where he also worked in communications with the YMCA-YWCA and was involved in community health careadvocacy and policy development. A native of Fenelon Falls, Mike has been involved with several health organizations in our area over the years.