About Our Family Health Team
Our VisionTo provide patient-centered primary care in a physician guided, collaborative team model.
Our MissionThe City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team shall ensure every resident of the City of Kawartha Lakes has access to a family doctor working in collaboration with interdisciplinary health providers.
Our Guiding Principles
- To provide increased access to primary health care for patients so that residents in our City have the opportunity to access a primary care physician.
- To attract additional primary care physicians to the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- To provide patient-centered care where the patient is a key member of the team and uses information and support to make informed decisions on how to manage his/her self-care needs.
- To provide comprehensive family health care services through an interdisciplinary team including family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, patient educators, mental health counselors, social workers, and pharmacists, each working within their scopes of practice.
- To serve as a central catalyst for the development of new, comprehensive community-based chronic disease management and self-care programs.
- To emphasize health promotion, illness prevention and early detection/diagnosis.
- To link patients to other parts of the health care system such as acute care, long-term care, public health, mental health, addictions, and community programs and services.
- To link with other health care organizations at the community level for input and joint planning for our City.
- To use information technology to integrate services, link patient records across different health care settings and give providers timely access to test results and other important data.
Board of Directors
Dr. Peter Anderson
Practicing in Lindsay since the summer of 1982, Dr. Anderson has worked alongside a number of local physicians and retired from office practice in April 2021.
Dr. Cody Bowen
Member of Finance Committee
Dr. Cody Bowen was born and raised in the City of Kawartha Lakes. Dr. Bowen received a Bachelor of Medical Science (Honors) from the University of Western Ontario in 2008, a Doctor of Medicine degree from Saba University School of Medicine in 2013, and completed his Family Medicine Residency at Michigan State University affiliated program in Grand Rapids, Michigan in July 2016.
Dr. Stuart Bothwell
Dr. Bothwell completed an undergraduate degree in the Bachelor of Arts & Science program at McMaster University (2004), received his Doctor of Medicine from The University of Western Ontario (2008), and returned to McMaster for his residency training in Family Medicine (2010). Since his graduation in 2010, he has happily lived and worked in Lindsay with the City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team.
Dr. Meileen Joynt
Dr. Joynt attended Queen’s University for her undergraduate degree, received her medical degree from the University of Western Ontario, and completed her family medicine residency at the University of Toronto. Dr. Joynt joined the Family Health Team September 2011.
Dr. Naomi Ecob
I am a new-comer having joined the FHT board 1 yr ago
I am a University of Western Ontario medical graduate( Many yrs ago)
I have lived and worked in the City of Kawartha Lakes for 22 yrs , involved in several community organizations- hospice( community care), friends of Lindsay library , amnesty international ( Lindsay branch)
I am married, have 2 orange cats and I love to walk!
Dr. Kristen Ralph
Dr. Ruth Wilson
Dr. Wilson completed her medical degree at the University or Western Ontario in 2006, and family medicine residency at McMaster University – Family Medicine North (Thunder Bay) – in 2008. She moved to Lindsay in 2009 and was an original member of the Family Health Team executive when it started up that year. She practices family medicine with obstetrics. She enjoys all the Kawarthas have to offer, along with her family.